Friday 14 February 2014

Matte nails



A nail colour that I have been wearing constantly for almost 2 months is the grey colour on my nails in the picture above ^. I'm already onto my second bottle of it, that's how much I have been loving it. When it comes to nail polishes, I have a love/heart relationship with them. I love how they look when they are freshly painted, though, when the smallest chip comes off I feel the need to start picking/scratching it off because I hate how chipped nail polish looks, only on myself. BUT! These two nail polishes I'm about to mention have been the best so far. Read about them below:



The nail polish on the left is my top coat, it has been my holy grail to keep nail polishes staying on my nail without it chipping excessively. It is the Matte Top Coat  by Revlon; my first matte nail polish I have tried and I don't see myself even bothering trying others because I'm such a huge fan of it. I had been on the hunt for a matte top coat for ages, I just couldn't justify spending a lot of money on it which seemed to be what most brands were offering. It wasn't cheap but it also wasn't that bad, I got this from Priceline for $9.00. It has almost 15ml of product, though I know it's going to last me ages. I recommend this to anyone who loves a matte finish. 
The nail polish on the right is 604/Metropolitan by L'oreal. Like I mentioned above, I've been wearing it constantly for a while now, it goes with any outfit I wear, which is what I struggle with when I wear nail polish colours other than grey, black or white; I feel like I'm clashing colours and it irritates me. This is a small bottle, which is probably why I'm already on the second. I can't rave about this enough, I'm going to continue to keep buying this until I'm sick of it! This nail polish was either $3/$4.


Just thought I'd quickly mention the nail polish on the left that I have on two of my nails in the very first picture, it's in the shade 300/White On by Sally Hansen, which I'm a huge fan of her nail polishes. I used this colour to create my own interpretation of little snowy mountains on my fingers. All I did was stroke the brush diagonally to make the effect of different levels of snow and then filled the top in.
Hope you enjoyed my review about my favourite nail polish's x.

































1 comment:

  1. Sweet nails!
    I just nominated you do the Liebster Award, check it out.
    http://adrie182.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete